Michelin Tire’s reputation for quality and reliability is legendary. The reason isn’t just the great advertising and the iconic Michelin man! Michelin invests heavily in research and design to build the best tires for the unique driving needs of Canadians, and the ever-changing summer and winter road conditions in Canada. Michelin’s focus on building long lasting tires that provide safe driving year-round for any type of vehicle, mean you can drive with great confidence on your Michelin tires no matter the season.
Long winters, harsh climates, and large distances between urban centres means Canadians tend to be preoccupied with safe driving. Canadian winters bring all sorts of driving challenges, including icy roads, deep snow, flooding and poor visibility, and is the reaons why Canadians value and understand the importance of good tires. Michelin tires are popular because of their reputation for providing extra grip and control, and long tread-life in these conditions. This confidence inspiring, safe driving experience does typically come at a premium price point to other tire options. This is where the Michelin’s added emphasis on long lasting tires helps offset the initial cost of purchase.
We have listed the best-selling Michelin tires in Canada by vehicle type, and the main technology and innovation featured in each, that helps separate Michelin snow tires or Michelin all-season tires from other tire brands.
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 for High Performance Cars
This is the go-to tire for high performance sports cars, according to Michelin Tires Canada. They call it the best all-round, all-season tire, perfectly adapted for urban commuters in Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg or Vancouver as well as year-round safety on rural roads coast to coast. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tire delivers confidence inspiring grip and safety thanks to the following features:
- Extreme amounts of silica in the tread rubber combined with special sipes for shorter wet and dry braking vs other high performance all-season tires.
- A contact patch optimized to provide more dry grip than competitor’s summer ultra-high performance tires.
- Helio compound on the shoulders of the tread for better mobility and traction in light snow and on icy, cold roads.
Michelin Premier A/S for long tread life and safety
The Michelin Premier A/S is a popular tire for Canadian drivers of luxury touring cars like BMW, Mercedes or
Audi sedans. Michelin Tires Canada promotes this tire as “safe when new, safe when worn” meaning that a half
worn tire has almost the same amount of traction than when the tire is brand new. The main feature in the tread to deliver this performance is the Michelin patented “Emerging Groove” technology. As the tire wears, upside down Y shaped grooves split into two, effectively doubling the amount of sipes in the tread which compensates for the reduction in traction due to lesser tread depth.
Michelin Primacy MXM4
The Michelin Primacy MXM4 is another leading Michelin all-season tire for luxury cars. Premium car makers like
BMW have been fitted with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 for many years due to the precision handling and quiet, comfortable ride. In addition to a great ride, this Michelin all-season tire has a 90,000 kilometre warranty. Key features of this tire are:
- Sunflower oil added to the tread compound to increase traction at low temperatures.
- MaxTouch construction for even tread wear and molded biting edges for extra traction on wet roads.
- Tire of choice for premium car makers because the tire enhances the ride and performance of the vehicle.
Michelin Defender LTX M/S – Legendary Light Truck Tire
The Michelin LTX M/S is likely the best-selling light truck tire of all time in Canada. Tire retailers like us, regularly receive feedback about the tremendous mileage the LTX M/S tire delivers, all while providing good all-season traction on wet and snow covered
roads. The Defender LTX M/S is the latest generation of LTX light truck tires. Michelin made very few changes to the tread pattern that has served drivers so well on Canadian winter roads over the decades. Michelin focused on improvements to the tread rubber based on the latest rubber compound innovations:
- Evertread technology to help the tire last 10% longer in severe conditions compared to the prior generation Michelin LTX M/S 2.
- Tread rubber that delivers better grip and braking on wet pavement for all-season driving confidence.
- More eco-friendly thanks to an optimized footprint shape for less rolling resistance that can save you up to 250 litres of fuel over the life of the tire.
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 Winter Tire
Most Canadians change out their tires for winter tires for safe driving on Canadian winter roads. The Michelin X-
Ice Xi3 is the tire of choice for maximum control on snow or ice covered roads thanks to the advanced rubber compound and plenty of tread features that make the difference on slippery roads:
- Cross Z Sipes, Micro-Pumps and FleX-Ice rubber compound are new features in this third generation X-Ice Winter tire to give Canadian drivers the traction needed to stay safe on winter roads.
- MaxTouch construction for more rubber in contact with the road means a tire that will last longer backed by a 50,000 or 60,000 kilometre tread wear warranty (depending on the size). In fact, the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 tire is one of the few winter tires with a mileage warranty at all.
- Unique tire construction and rubber compounds deliver a winter tire that is extra fuel efficient to save you money at the pump (up to 4% better than other winter tires).
So, if you are looking for safety, reliability, and top performance from your tires, Michelin has a tire just right for your driving habits, the demands of Canadian summer and winter roads, and your vehicle. Tires-easy.ca carries a wide variety of Michelin Tires at great prices. Let us help you find your tires today.